Anxiety Counseling Near Naperville
Do you wake up to an oppressive weight on your chest, or just otherwise consumed by your worries? It may be time to see a therapist. Counseling Works provides anxiety counseling near Naperville so you can reclaim your life. As you work with one of our therapists, you’ll uncover the basis of your anxiety and develop healthy coping mechanisms so you can start living your life to its fullest. Our friendly staff is available to contact if you have any questions.
Anxiety manifests for many reasons. Some individuals develop anxiety after a traumatic event or significant life change, while others face anxiety because of environmental factors. The exact reasons aren’t always clear. Usually, an individual faces several risk factors that intersect and aggravate the condition.
Anxiety is marked by a long list of physical and mental symptoms. A few of the most common include restlessness, tense muscles, headaches, trembling, sweating, and an inability to concentrate. What’s more, anxiety disorders come in many different forms, including:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Specific phobias
- Social anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
During your initial appointments with a Counseling Works therapist, we’ll discuss your symptoms with you and determine what is causing you to feel anxiety. By identifying the cause, we can come up with an effective plan to treat your anxiety.
How a Naperville Therapist Can Help
No matter why you’re experiencing anxiety, or its severity, therapy is very effective for many people. Here are some of the countless benefits of therapy:
- Safe Space. A therapist is someone you can confide in. At our office, you’ll be able to express all of your thoughts and emotions without encountering judgment or dismissal. We listen carefully to help you find the root of your anxiety. Therapists keep all of your information confidential, meaning no one else will hear what you say. An exception to this rule is related to patients who express suicidal thoughts or actions.
- Coping Skills. The main proponent of your time in therapy will be spent working on coping skills. Anxiety is difficult to prevent, so your best bet is to learn how to handle the feelings as they come. Coping looks different for everyone. Some individuals rely on activities to preoccupy them, while others are helped by grounding or deep breathing exercises. With the help of a therapist, you’ll find something that works best for your situation and needs.
- Sense of Wellbeing. Anxiety is just like any other disease. It requires time, attention, and treatment. Therapy is an important part of treating your anxiety, so you’ll feel better mentally and physically. Therapy is known to build confidence, mindfulness, and other life skills so you can get back to enjoying your life.
- Awareness and Understanding. Anxiety can be frightening. You feel like everything is spiraling out of control and deal with a myriad of symptoms. Therapy helps to ground you by providing insight into why you feel the way you do. You’ll feel more in-tune with yourself and know how to better handle negative reactions to stressful situations.
Get Anxiety Counseling Near Naperville Now
Even if you’re faced with anxiety, you can live a fulfilling, happy life. Talk to a Counseling Works therapist to get back on track with anxiety counseling near Naperville. To schedule an intake appointment, use our online scheduling tool or call our office today!