Anxiety is part of everyday life, however, when it starts interfering with daily life, that is your signal that it is time to address the issue. An anxiety disorder is a condition that has lasted more than six months and affects your ability to participate in general life activities. Overcome your nervousness with anxiety counseling in Aurora.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, anxiety disorders affect nearly 20 percent of adults in America at some time during the year. Therefore, 1 in 5 people has an anxiety disorder. Our Counseling Works therapists are committed to providing you with the skills needed to halt the devastating effects of anxiety today.
Common Symptoms of an Anxiety Disorder
Luckily there are a few common symptoms that will alert you that it would be a good idea for you to think about calling Counseling Works for Aurora anxiety counseling. They are:
- Uncontrolled Worrying. If you worry so much that you cannot finish tasks or control it, it’s time for anxiety counseling.
- Frequent Agitation. If you are continually feeling upset and cannot reign in your negative feelings, it’s time for anxiety counseling in Aurora.
- Concentration Difficulties. If you are experiencing extreme difficulty concentrating, this may be due to an anxiety disorder. However, other symptoms are usually present, such as worry or irritability, because many other conditions also have difficulty concentrating as a symptom.
- Irritability. Over 90 percent of adults with generalized anxiety disorder experience intense irritability, mainly when their anxiety is at its peak.
- Sleep Issues. If you are having problems falling or staying asleep, this can be a symptom of an anxiety disorder, and you would benefit from anxiety counseling. Like concentration difficulties, sleep issues are present in many other mental health issues.
- Panic Attacks. If you experience a panic attack, you know it. You physically feel it because you sweat profusely, shake, and your heartbeat dramatically increases. Sometimes people think they are in the midst of a heart attack.
What to Expect at Aurora Anxiety Counseling
At Counseling Works, our skilled therapists will put you at ease and will develop a trusting relationship that starts the minute you meet. We will tailor your sessions for you — we don’t use a cookie-cutter approach to care for all our patients. Our therapists will work with you to do the following at your anxiety counseling sessions:
- Identifying triggers and the cause of anxiety. Your therapist at Counseling Works will help you determine those triggers with you.
- Learning new coping techniques to cope with triggers effectively. Count on your therapist to share coping strategies that you can use during your anxiety counseling.
- Reframing problems and overcome obstacles with a plan. Your therapist will teach you how to reframe issues so you can overcome them by following a plan of action.
- Facing difficult problems with a skilled therapist. Complicated problems can be alleviated when you honestly share them with your trusted therapist during anxiety counseling.
Free yourself from your anxiety. Contact us today to get started with your anxiety counseling.
Contact Us Today for Anxiety Counseling
If you want to learn more about our anxiety counseling services in Aurora, please feel free to send us a message using the intake form on our website, or call us directly at 630-281-4296. We want to help you reduce your constant anxious feelings.