The Goals of Counseling Works Therapy
There are many reasons to seek out a qualified therapist. Whether you are seeking to explore your feelings, enhance your coping skills, improve your relationships, establish personal goals or even deal with a trauma or negative past experience, the ultimate goal of counseling is to better yourself and enrich the quality of your life. The therapists at Counseling Works are ready to assist you with the knowledge and skills needed to improve your life.
Learn mindfulness-based strategies
- Direct thoughts and feelings, instead of being ruled by them
- Become more aware of what your reactions and instincts are telling you and use this information to guide your thinking
- Identify when you are responding from a reactive place
- Learn to make wise, conscious choices from a thoughtful, rational, adult mindset
- Develop lifelong coping strategies to manage and process difficult feelings
Understand how early life experiences influence adult beliefs
- Break the spell of self-limiting beliefs
- Identify limiting patterns and address them with insight and compassion
- Develop greater awareness of the origins of your positive and negative thought patterns and beliefs
- Use new insights as a guide to understanding your strengths and the areas where you may be blocked
Click here to learn more about our counselors that specialize in therapy for individuals.