College Students & Twenty-Somethings
Helping Young Adults Take the Right Steps on the Journey to Their Best Lives
You are finally an adult. You are on your own but it’s just not what you thought. You go from one extreme to the next: feeling powerful yet powerless, experiencing love yet feeling lost, connected yet isolated and unsure. You don’t know what is going on as you go from one emotion to the next, but somehow, the pendulum of life seems to swing you from one extreme to the next. Does this yo-yoing of emotions make you feel confused, hopeless and lost? Such is the way for college students and twenty-somethings as they navigate through the demands of establishing a life for themselves. Our therapy approach at Counseling Works offers you a supportive, non-judgmental environment in which to work through the challenges of your personal evolution as an adult.
Why College Students & Twenty-Somethings Visit us for Counseling
The college years and twenties are filled with change and growth. There are big transitions, career pressures, changing family dynamics, and other issues that make it difficult to get through a day without feeling overwhelmed or stressed. It’s no surprise that many twenty-somethings find themselves having a tough time. Some of the specific reasons that young adults visit us include:
- Life transitions – choosing a college, deciding whether or not to go to grad school, finding a job, succeeding in your profession, starting a family. The twenties are filled with life transitions, and they can be extremely stressful.
- Relationship issues – many young adults are looking for romantic partners to start a family or spend the rest of their lives with, but the stress and constant state of transition can make the twenties a difficult time to sustain a healthy relationship.
- Goal setting – where are you going to be in five years, ten years, or longer? What are your goals and how will you achieve them? Goal setting and planning can help you add purpose and fulfillment to your life and ensure you make choices that will take you down the right path.
- Career struggles – whether you’re lucky enough to know exactly what you want to do or you’re just trying out careers, the twenties can be a time when your career adds a lot of stress to your life. You want to be successful and achieve your career goals, but finding the right opportunities, networking with the right people, and getting that promotion may not be easy.
- Changes in family dynamics – college and the twenties may be the first time you move away from home. You’re establishing independence and self-sufficiency, and this can leave you feeling disconnected from your family. Instead of feeling removed from your family, you can use your newfound independence to develop different kinds of relationships with your parents, siblings, and other family members.
How Therapy for College Students & Twenty-Somethings Helps
The therapy services at Counseling Works provide you with the practical tools and guidance you need to define who you are, so you can be successful. Counseling Work therapists assist college students and twenty-somethings with:
- Learning to define & work toward your goals
- Defining values that are meaningful to you
- Breaking free from negative patterns that don’t serve you
- Living the life you dream of
Ready to Start Thriving in Your Adult Life?
Click here to learn more about our counselors who specialize in therapy for young adults.