Are You Struggling with Your Body Image? Do you:
- Have a love/hate relationship with food?
- Have by irregular eating habits?
- Obsess about your body weight?
- Have a severe distress or concern about body weight or shape?
- Use excessive exercise or purging to control your weight?
The intention of therapy for those struggling with eating disorders is for each individual to have a unique, compassionate experience while, as a team, we sift through the hardships of the past and build a more positive future with a healthier body image of yourself.
A Counseling Works Therapist Will Assist You with:
- Exploring common symptoms and causes of eating disorders in a safe and supportive environment
- Learning and practice ways to cope effectively utilizing techniques from DBT and ACT therapies
- Identifying the importance of accepting the past and practicing mindfulness
- Learning controlling strategies and tolerating distress
- Identifying & learning the difference between diffusion and & fusion
- Recognizing how to control feelings of shame or self-compassion
- Gaining tools to live a meaningful life through gratitude
If you find yourself struggling to cope with & heal from an Eating Disorder contact one of the Counseling Works therapists. We look forward to assisting you discover and love the real you.