Eating Disorder Therapists
Are You Struggling with Your Body Image? Do you:
- Have a love/hate relationship with food?
- Have irregular eating habits?
- Obsess about your body weight?
- Have severe distress or concern about body weight or shape?
- Use excessive exercise or purging to control your weight?
The intention of therapy for those struggling with an eating disorder is for each individual to have a unique, compassionate experience while, as a team, we sift through the hardships of the past and build a more positive future with a healthier body image of yourself.
A Counseling Works Therapist Will Assist You with:
- Exploring common symptoms and causes of eating disorders in a safe and supportive environment
- Learning and practicing ways to cope effectively utilizing techniques from DBT and ACT therapies
- Identifying the importance of accepting the past and practicing mindfulness
- Learning controlling strategies and tolerating distress
- Identifying & learning the difference between diffusion and infusion
- Recognizing how to control feelings of shame or self-compassion
- Gaining tools to live a meaningful life through gratitude
If you find yourself struggling to cope with and heal from an Eating Disorder contact one of the Counseling Works therapists. We look forward to assisting you in discovering and loving the real you.
Click here to learn more about our counselors that specialize in therapy for eating disorders.